Publishing Your Web Page
The procedure for placing your files on Netlink's server and publshing your web page is as follows:
1) On the server, there is a directory called public_html
2) Transfer your .htm or .html files into that directory.
3) Make sure that your default (home page) is called index.htm or index.html
Some hints on doing this:
Win95 and Win98 have an ftp (file transfer protocol) program included in their standard configuration.
While connected to Netlink:
1) From the start menu choose RUN.
2) In the box provided, type "ftp netlinkcom.com", enter your username and password - this will locate you in your home directory.
3) At the ftp prompt, type "cd public_html" - this will locate you in your public_html directory.
4) At the ftp prompt, type "lcd c:\myhtmlfiles" where myhtmlfiles is the directory on your hard-drive where your html files for your
homepage are located - this will change your local directory to the location of your .htm or .html files.
5) At the ftp prompt, type "bin" - this will set ftp program to binary transfer mode.
6) At the ftp prompt, type "prompt"
7) At the ftp prompt, type "put index.html" - this will place your file called index.html on the server. Repeat this for each file
that you wish to place on the server, or if all of the files in c:\myhtmlfiles (your local html directory) are part of your website,
you may type "mput *.*" and the ftp program will place all of the files in the current directory on the server. Your html/htm/gif files
should now be transferred to the server.
8) When ftp is done transferring files, type "bye" and the program will terminate.
9) View your page with browser.